Wednesday, March 9, 2011

World cyber games announces game titles for 2011

The WCG has announced its Games for this years Grand final matches which will be held in Korea towards the end of this year. The titles for 2011 are:

Fighting
  • Tekken 6 (Namco Bandai Games)

FPS (First Person Shooting)
  • Counter-Strike 1.6 (Valve)
  • Crossfire (Neowiz Games/Smilegate)
  • Special Force (Dragonfly)

MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)
  • World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™ (Blizzard Entertainment)

RTS (Real Time Strategy)
  • League of Legends (Riot Games)
  • StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ (Blizzard Entertainment)
  • Warcraft® III: The Frozen Throne™ (Blizzard Entertainment)

Sports
  • FIFA 11 (Electronic Arts)

Many of these titles I saw coming but some of these games I've never heard of. Also League of Legends? don't get me wrong I'm a LoL fan but I thought that people who competed in these things wouldn't touch League of Legends with a ten foot pole and play Dota instead. Maybe the idea is to try and encourage the less hardcore into professional gaming. Is this a sign of the times? The ever shrinking number of professional gamers due to the span of their careers and the stigma of the profession that it isn't a job. Whatever the reason I like LoL and I know I'm going to pay more attention to the WCG because of it.

They have also announced that they will also have official mobile titles which people can compete in. Mobile games? I had no idea there were enough hardcore solitaire players out there.

Till next week.

Peace. 

Source: http://www.wcg.com/6th/fun/news/news_view.asp?keyno=C11030410001

No comments:

Post a Comment